PUAC is a community safety and crime prevention charity that works throughout the Yorkshire and Humber region to reduce crime and the fear of crime. PUAC's purpose is to make Yorkshire and the Humber a safer place to live, work and invest in the future.
PUAC is governed by a Board of Trustees who have agreed four current areas of work:
- Preventing economic crime, reducing the negative impact of crime against business
- Creating safer and more harmonious communities, reducing the impact of anti-social behaviour
- Project 2013 - developing European projects with the four Yorkshire and Humber police forces
- Preventing drug related crime, reducing the impact of drugs and alcohol in communities
Our key strengths
- Expert knowledge of crime prevention and community safety best practice
- Key partner of Yorkshire and Humber Police forces
- Adept at working in partnership with the private, public and voluntary sectors
- Responsive and agile, able to offer crime prevention support wherever the need is identified
- Offers solution based activities, which tackle crime challenges
- Works for social inclusion and opportunities for all sections of the community
- Strong contribution by the trustees to the strategic direction of the charity
Please use the left hand menu to access more details regarding other PUAC projects.
For more information visit www.people-united.org.